- Five layers of material that quickly absorb and locks liquid inside
- The top layer keeps the user dry and the lower layer is waterproof to protect the furniture
- Machine washable to 90 degrees.
- Do not tumble dry as this may affect absorbency
- Absorbs 1 litre
- 50 x 60cm.
If you just order Parkinson's information resources then delivery is free.
If you order anything else, or a combination of products and resources, then the following charges apply:
We offer the following delivery options for orders to the UK mainland and Northern Ireland:
- £3.95 standard delivery delivered within 3 to 5 working days
- £5.95 next working day delivery place your order before 1pm Monday to Thursday. Orders placed after 1pm Friday, or at the weekend will not be processed until the following Monday.
- Next working day delivery service is not available to Northern Ireland.
- Direct despatch products delivered from the supplier are not eligible for next day delivery.
Small packages will be delivered by Royal Mail and large packages by courier. If you're out when the courier attempts delivery, you will receive a card with details of how to arrange re-delivery.
Alternatively, your parcel may be left in a safe place, such as your porch. When buying online, please write any special instructions in the 'delivery instructions' section at the checkout.
We will work very hard to deliver your order promptly. On rare occasions, we regret that deliveries may be delayed. Please allow 7 working days for delivery before getting in touch with our team on 0844 415 7863 or email@example.com
We also deliver to non-UK mainland addresses.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a delivery charge quote before ordering by phone or email.
We are unfortunately unable to deliver to PO Box numbers.
For more information on deliveries, please call 0844 415 7863 or email email@example.com
In some cases, products may be dispatched directly from our supplier. We try to meet all demand within our timeframes. However some products may take longer to arrive.
Some Daily Living Aids are dispatched directly from the supplier, the product page indicates where this is the case. These items will arrive separately from any other products on your order. Please bear this in mind and wait a few days before enquiring about incomplete deliveries.
Direct despatch products are not eligible for next day delivery.
We reserve the right to retain the delivery charge paid, plus a 20% handling charge, on all consignments which are refused delivery and returned to us without justification or due to customer error.
Notice of damage, defect or incorrect delivery
If your goods arrive damaged, incomplete, incorrect, or if there is a shortage against the quantities specified on your delivery note, please notify our Customer Service team on 0844 415 7863 or firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 working days, quoting your customer number and the delivery note number.
Should an expected delivery or part delivery not arrive, you must notify us within 10 working days of the invoice date.
We encourage you to place your Christmas orders early to avoid delayed postal deliveries.
Cancellations and returns
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 calendar days of receiving all of your goods. To do this, please inform us by:
Phone: 03330 030 523
Post: Parkinson's UK Sales Ltd
PO Box 637
Please note that this address is for letters only. Parcels will not be accepted. Please use the address below for parcel returns.
If you choose to cancel your contract with Parkinson's UK Sales Ltd, you will be entitled to a full refund, including the costs of standard delivery, provided the goods are unused and in perfect condition.
We are unable to provide a refund of the delivery charge when only part of your order is cancelled. If the goods are deemed to have lost value due to unnecessary handling, we have the right to make a deduction to your refund to cover this loss.
Any reimbursement will be made by the original payment method within 14 days of receiving the return, or proof of return, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
Returning undamaged products will be at your own cost. You should return these within 14 days of cancellation, unless otherwise agreed with us in writing. We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to products in transit. For this reason, we recommend you use a recorded delivery service.
If your item is faulty or has been damaged in transit, please contact us to discuss whether you would like to receive a replacement or a refund. In this case, we will bear the costs of providing a replacement and return delivery. Please make sure you supply proof of postage costs.
Please download and complete our Returns Form (PDF, 264KB) and send it with the products you're returning to:
Parkinson's UK Sales Ltd
PO Box 637
For more information on returns, please call us on 03330 030 523.
Please note that charitable donations made with orders cannot be refunded.
VAT exemption, or VAT relief, allows people diagnosed as chronically sick or disabled* to buy certain items at 0% VAT. Several products in our Daily Living Aids range qualify for VAT exemption.
Who is eligible for VAT exemption?
If the person for whom the products are being bought has Parkinson's or another condition the medical profession considers 'chronically sick or disabled', they qualify.
You can order items on behalf of someone who qualifies for VAT exemption for example, if you're a carer or family member. However, the person who qualifies must sign a written declaration.
The VAT Act 1983 has severe penalties for anyone who uses a document they know to be false to secure VAT exemption.
What proof do we need of your condition?
The government requires a simple declaration of your medical condition (or the condition of the person you're buying for).
You must provide:
- the name and address of the person with the condition
- the medical condition of the person eligible for VAT exemption
How to order VAT exempt products
You can order online, by phone, or by post. The information we need varies depending on your order method:
- Online: By purchasing a VAT exempt product, you are confirming that you are eligible to buy. You will also be asked during checkout whether you are eligible.
- By phone: You'll need to provide details of the person eligible for VAT exemption along with their National Insurance Number.
- By post: Your catalogue comes with a declaration for you to complete. Download a declaration form (PDF, 349KB)if you need a new one or don' have a catalogue. The form must contain the information of the person eligible for VAT exemption.
Please be aware that unfortunately you can't claim back VAT after you've bought something. Please ensure you choose the correct VAT exempt variant at the point of purchase.
*What does 'chronically sick or disabled' mean?
This wording is not determined by Parkinson's UK. The government considers a person to be 'chronically sick or disabled' if he or she has:
- a physical or mental impairment which has long-term and substantially adverse effects on his or her ability to carry out everyday activities
- a condition which the medical profession diagnoses as a chronic sickness, such as Parkinson's, diabetes or a terminal illness
A person is not considered to be 'chronically sick or disabled' if they/re elderly but otherwise able-bodied. It doesn't apply if they/re temporarily disabled or incapacitated, for example with a broken limb, either.
If you're in any doubt whether you are eligible to receive goods or services with VAT exemption you should consult Notice 701/7 VAT Reliefs for disabled and older people. You can also call HMRC's National Advice Service on 0300 123 1073.